Part Time Kitchen Aide
The delivery of the services from the dietary department will aid the individual resident’s needs and will provide a supportive setting that is friendly, prompt and courteous with forethought for the residents well-being, dietary and personal needs. The kitchen Aide must be self-disciplined and well-organized with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A calm disposition in a hot, fast-paced working environment. The Kitchen Aide must be a good team worker who is able to follow direction from their supervisor, and handle many tasks at once in a busy environment. The Kitchen Aide will assist with food preparation, and other aspects such as serving of meals, performing cleaning, sanitation and washing duties as required in the Dietary Department.
â€¢ excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral English)
â€¢ experience in food service industry an asset
â€¢ ability to lift heavy objects and stand and walk short distances throughout the day
â€¢ ability to tolerate heat from kitchen area
â€¢ certificate in Food Handlers Training Program
Reporting to the Director of Dietary Services or Shift Cook, the KA’s responsibilities will include:
1. A variety of clean up and food preparation duties that adhere to established department policies and procedures, including sanitation, sanitation, safety and quality assurance.
2. Stocking shelves, rotating stock, participating in proper storage and labeling of departmental supplies and food.
3. Practicing excellent hygiene.
4. Serving residents and visitors according to appropriate mealtime, menu and/or dietary requirements.
5. Assisting individual residents with meals.
6. Assisting residents in serving beverages as required.
7. Posting residents requests, LOA’s, appointments, visitors, etc. on board and advise cook.
8. Preparing trays for residents as directed.
9. Preparing hot and cold beverages.
10. Setting tables.
11. Cleaning and clearing the dining room, tea areas and kitchen. Eg. washing, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, etc.
12. Clearing plates, loading and operating dishwasher. Cleaning pots, pans and cooking utensils by hand as required.
13. Setting up Tea Areas .
14. Garbage removal from Tea and Kitchen areas.
15. Be knowledgeable of and practice in the facility’s fire safety and emergency programs.
Date Listed : 20-Dec-13
Address : 99 Walford Road, Greater Sudbury, ON P3E 2M5, Canada
Other ads that may interest you:
2008 Buick Enclave CXL
HONDA BIG RUKUS 250cc
Professional wedding photographer
great home in Yorkton for rent
Temporary Full Time Admin Opportunity in North Sydney
2007-2009 Mazda 3 Front Bumper
Babysitter for full time!
2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LT -Winnipeg- Remote Start, Winter Tires